What do I have to do to be able and work In Canada as a US citizen?

Hello, I was born in El Salvador, Central America but as a child I moved to the US and became a US citizen. I want to move to Canada and work there. What do I have to do? Right now I'm living in El Salvador but the economy is very bad here and It's also bad in the US and that's not the only problem. I want to take a friend with me that's salvadorian. Thank you


Country: Canada


As far as I know, simply go to the Canadian embasssy or contact them by telephone and apply for a standard six-month visitor's visa. Come and visit us, get to know people, and possibly get some work experience locally, then return to your country, and apply for a work permit on your second round.

Hope this helps.


More Information

Get travel answers from locals in Canada

Find places to visit in Canada